POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : radiosity and mosaic : Re: radiosity and mosaic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity and mosaic
From: TinCanMan
Date: 26 Jun 2002 07:45:36
Message: <3d19a960$1@news.povray.org>
> Yes. So - if I specify mosaic_preview in hope to render image in same time
> byt to sooner se all image in lower resolution - in fact this walue would
> effect radiosity calculations...
> But maybe this is not good, i.e. I work usualy in :
> Width=512
> Height=384
> Antialias=Off
> Preview_Start_Size=128
> Preview_End_Size=2
>
> that is suttable for most situations, and I alsow often change my
radiosity
> on/off in debugging process... So each time when I set radiostiy ON I
> should disable mosiac_preview and vice-versa.

I suppose you already know that in 3.5 you don't set radiosity on in the ini
file, you just add the radiosity{} block to the global_settings{} block.
It seems that the Preview_Start_Size and Preview_End_Size settings in the
ini file (if set) will override the  pretrace_start and pretrace_end
settings of the radiosity block so you would need to do what you suggest.  I
don't know if this is intended as I can't find anything in the docs that
would indicate it.

> If just possibility of changing .ini files from inside .pov will be
> returned (it was afair in MegaPov) that this would be easy to 'fix'
>
> #if (use_radiosity)
>   radiosity { ... }
>   ini_options { "preview_start=1" }
> #end
>
> when this possibiliy will be in Pov ?

This is not possible in POV (3.1 or 3.5), and as far as I've seen, there is
no intention of adding it, however in 3.5 you can add swithces to the
command-line box.

-tgq