POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POV-Tree Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Tree (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Gena Obukhov
Subject: POV-Tree
Date: 29 Jan 2003 10:39:14
Message: <3E37F42E.6301322D@mail.com>
Finally I've finished beta version of POV-Tree. This is
tree generator based on TOMTREE macro and written
in Java. Key features:

- load/save include files for TOMTREE macro
- GUI for numerous TOMTREE parameters
- color chooser for leaves and bark
- preview (not so fast for very detailed trees)
- mesh export

See screenshort and some examples in p.b.i
You can download POV-Tree here:
http://propro.ru/go/Wshop/tools/tools.html
See README.txt for installation info.

Gena

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:33:02 -0800, Gena Obukhov <obu### [at] mailcom> wrote:
> Finally I've finished beta version of POV-Tree.

Looks like you have made a very good job. Only two really minor suggestions:
- personally I like when the applications written in Java have "J" letter
somewhere in the name (but that's my own not so much important taste)
- is your application only targeted to advanced users ? why not to announce it
in general group ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> Looks like you have made a very good job. Only two really minor suggestions:
> - personally I like when the applications written in Java have "J" letter
> somewhere in the name (but that's my own not so much important taste)

IMHO JPOV-Tree is not so good :)

> - is your application only targeted to advanced users ? why not to announce it
> in general group ?

You are right. Done.

Gena.

Post a reply to this message