POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Functions + variables Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Functions + variables (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Orchid XP v2
Subject: Functions + variables
Date: 14 Apr 2006 16:04:11
Message: <4440003b$1@news.povray.org>
I tried to do this:

pigment {function {f_bozo(x, y + frame_number, z)}}

...and got an error message. Seems POV-Ray doesn't think "frame_number"
is a valid token. (Was expecting ",".)

Anybody wanna take a guess why this is happening? I just want the
function to change slightly each frame...

Post a reply to this message

>pigment {function {f_bozo(x, y + frame_number, z)}}
>
>...and got an error message. Seems POV-Ray doesn't think "frame_number"
>is a valid token. (Was expecting ",".)
>
>Anybody wanna take a guess why this is happening? I just want the
>function to change slightly each frame...

This works:

#declare F = frame_number;
pigment {function {f_bozo(x, y + F, z)}}

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

>>Anybody wanna take a guess why this is happening? I just want the
>>function to change slightly each frame...
>

> This works:
>
> #declare F = frame_number;
> pigment {function {f_bozo(x, y + F, z)}}

Interesting...

Oh well, thanks for that!

(I imagine if you dig through the innards of the parser there's probably
a perfectly good reason why it does this. LOL!)

Post a reply to this message