POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : meshes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  meshes (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ankur6ue
Subject: meshes
Date: 10 Jan 2005 13:35:01
Message: <web.41e2ca1abab26f94bb40afbf0@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I'm trying to render face meshes using povray for a face recognition
project. the meshes are in the form on 3D points with texture information
at each point. I'm able to render the meshes under different lighting
conditions and poses..my question is how do I tell povray to render the
mesh so that the rendered image fits tightly around the face without any
additional background? right now when I render the mesh to a size say
200*200 (I can specify the size of the rendered image in the ini file) the
dimension of a tight bounding box around the face is 175*200 (175 being the
x dimension and 200 the y dimension..makes sense since faces are generally
more tall than they are wide) and povray adds black columns to make up for
the remaining 25 columns..
so how do I tell povray to not include any additional background and select
a tight box around the face rendering? I hope I make myself clear, I wish I
could include some sample renderings..if there is some doubts about my
question, please feel free to email me at ank### [at] umiacsumdedu ..
any help will be deeply appreciated.
thanks a lot,
Ankur

Post a reply to this message