POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Random rotation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Random rotation (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Andrew the Orchid
Subject: Random rotation
Date: 13 Nov 2004 05:23:46
Message: <4195e0b2$1@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have any idea how I can make an object rotate randomly?

Making an object rotate about a random axis is easy enough. But I want
the axis to *change* over time.

I could use the old trick of rotating about several axies at different
speeds to make it /look/ random... Does anyone have a better idea?

Andrew.

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone have any idea how I can make an object rotate randomly?
>
> Making an object rotate about a random axis is easy enough. But I want
> the axis to *change* over time.

Hmm. Maybe having the object rotated 180 degrees around a changing axis that
you get from the vturbulence() function? Even though the 180 degrees don't
change over time, it will look like the object is rotating randomly, I
think.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com