POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 2-pass photons Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  2-pass photons (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Thorn
Subject: 2-pass photons
Date: 9 Nov 2004 14:44:58
Message: <41911e3a$1@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to run photons in two passes, similar to the handy method
used for 2-pass radiosity?

I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to run photons again for a
highres version of my scene, or whether I can just load up the photon
map I've saved at the small resolution.

Post a reply to this message

"Mike Thorn" <mik### [at] realitycheckmultimediacom> wrote in
message news:41911e3a$1@news.povray.org...
> Is it possible to run photons in two passes, similar to
> the handy method used for 2-pass radiosity?
>
> I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to run photons
> again for a highres version of my scene, or whether I can
> just load up the photon map I've saved at the small
> resolution.

Yes, it's possible.

See section 3.5.3.2.1  "Photon Global Settings" in the
manual, specifically the save_file and load_file keywords.

Post a reply to this message