POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 3D mathematics question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  3D mathematics question (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: 3D mathematics question
Date: 8 Nov 2004 17:59:35
Message: <418ffa57$1@news.povray.org>
Andrew the Orchid nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-11-08
17:22... :

> Andrew.
>
> PS. Annoying that I have to put the underscores on those variable
> names... grrr!

Use Upercase then you don't need those underscores.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Nov 2004 23:34:44
Message: <cjameshuff-44B729.23344508112004@news.povray.org>
In article <418fe747$1@news.povray.org>,
 Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:

> Inverse trigonometric operations are slow.

In POV, the difference between an inverse trig operation and any other
operation is likely to be overwhelmed by the overhead of parsing the
script. Code that is simpler to parse is likely to be faster.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

>  Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
>

>>Inverse trigonometric operations are slow.
>

> In POV, the difference between an inverse trig operation and any other
> operation is likely to be overwhelmed by the overhead of parsing the
> script. Code that is simpler to parse is likely to be faster.

Yes, I know.

I thought it was a general mathematic question.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net

Post a reply to this message