POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Black spots in PR 3.6 radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Black spots in PR 3.6 radiosity (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: jeroen de haan
Subject: Black spots in PR 3.6 radiosity
Date: 14 Sep 2004 15:27:27
Message: <4147461f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I have a problem with POV Ray 3.6 and radiosity. Random black spots appear
that aren't there when I render the same file in 3.5

Take a look at this file (PR 3.6)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeroendehaan/Renders/povray360.jpg
and this (PR 3.5)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeroendehaan/Renders/povray350.jpg

These are the radiosity settings:

 global_settings {
          max_trace_level 20
          radiosity {
            brightness 1
            count 300
            distance_maximum 100
            error_bound 0.25
            gray_threshold 0.50
            low_error_factor 0.775
            minimum_reuse 0.015
            nearest_count 8
            recursion_limit 1
          }
        }

and for the colours:

#declare lg_color_B00 = texture {
   pigment { rgbft <0, 0.0749999999999997, 0.9, 0, 0> }
   normal { bumps .01 scale .10 turbulence 0  }
   finish {
      ambient .0
      diffuse 1
      brilliance 1
      phong 1 phong_size 40
      specular 1
      reflection { .05 falloff 1 exponent 1 }
      conserve_energy
  }
}

This is for blue. All the colours use the same normal and finish.

Is it me, a wrong setting or a "bug" in 3.6?

Jeroen de Haan

If you want the complete file please e-mail me on infor at digitalbricks dot
nl

Post a reply to this message

> I have a problem with POV Ray 3.6 and radiosity. Random black spots appear
> that aren't there when I render the same file in 3.5

What makes you think this has anything to do with radiosity?

Apart from that a minimal test scene will of course be required to check
this.

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> > I have a problem with POV Ray 3.6 and radiosity. Random black spots
appear
> > that aren't there when I render the same file in 3.5
> >

> What makes you think this has anything to do with radiosity?
>
> Apart from that a minimal test scene will of course be required to check
> this.

Here is a no radiosity test from PR 3.6:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jeroendehaan/Renders/kraanpovray36noradiosity.png

Jeroen

Post a reply to this message