POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Perspective problem ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Perspective problem ... (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: Perspective problem ...
Date: 17 Aug 2004 05:41:46
Message: <4121d2da$1@news.povray.org>

news:web.4121c35fe6dfd373e5987fa60@news.povray.org...
> and I make trace :
> http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080/~laurent/angle_30.jpg (with "angle
> 30")
> http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080/~laurent/sans_angle.jpg (without
> "angle")

It's certainly looking better and quite accurate. Too bad that the DEM
resolution is so low. I wonder if it would look better without the smoothing
in fact (the black outlines are artifacts). With some fog, and realistic
textures and sky, it could be pretty close to the real thing.
Note that with the default "direction 1*z", "without angle" is actually 67
degrees : direction_length = 0.5 * right_length / tan(angle / 2)
It's just that using angle instead of direction may give a more intuitive
control of the camera.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com