POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : temporally coherent noise? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  temporally coherent noise? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Maurya Shah
Subject: temporally coherent noise?
Date: 10 Feb 2004 03:10:16
Message: <402891e8$1@news.povray.org>
Hi ALL,
I have been using the "Turbulence" function to add noise to the color in the
media. But as we know turbulence is coherent in space. But to generate a
sequence of renderings (e.g. an explosion cloud evolving in time) a noise
function needs to be temporally coherent. Otherwise, if the same noise is
applied to a point at all the steps in time, then the animation will have
the classical "shower curtain effect" cited in literature. So, can anyone
please suggest if there is a way to generate such a noise in POVRAY,
somethings that looks spatially as well as temporally coherent?
Thanks in advance,
Maurya
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~mauryash

Post a reply to this message