POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media transparency? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Media transparency? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Maurya Shah
Subject: Media transparency?
Date: 10 Feb 2004 02:40:44
Message: <40288afc$1@news.povray.org>
Hi All,
I have been using POVRAY to generate explosion movies. My first question is
that how is it that density has been linked to the color of the media and
there is no facility to specify the transparency of the media in POVRAY? If
we look in particular at explosion then color is a function of temperature
and transparency is a function of density.

Can anyone please suggest how the transparency of the media can be
specified?

Thanks a lot
Maurya
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~mauryash