POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Object Oriented POV code Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:30 EDT (-0400)
  Object Oriented POV code (Message 21 to 30 of 179)
From: Tek
Subject: Re: Object Oriented POV code
Date: 18 Feb 2004 01:29:48
Message: <4033065c$1@news.povray.org>
I agree with you!

Nobody should *need* to be able to understand OO in order to write pov scenes,
in it's most basic form it should remain just a "scene description language",
i.e. a list of objects and visual properties of them.

I'm just talking about extending the options available outside of that,
specifically I'm thinking of writing a group of macros in a .inc file to allow
some OO style programming. But even I'm not convinced something like that
/should/ be introduced into the main pov code, my original question was just to
find out if anyone had done it, not to try to suggest it's a good idea ;)

Though structures would be useful.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com

> Dan P wrote:
>
> > After you parse the double-negative, he's actually saying the opposite --
> > that everybody would find it, at very least, interesting.
>
> Not me. It would add another layer of complexity that I don't want to have
> to bother to learn. OO is for programming not a scene description language.
> If I wanted to learn programming I would do that rather than using POV-Ray.
>
> --
> Mr. Flameproof

Post a reply to this message