POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Depth Map Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:17 EDT (-0400)
  Depth Map (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Andrew Coppin
Subject: Depth Map
Date: 8 Nov 2003 07:34:02
Message: <3face2ba$3@news.povray.org>
Hi folks.

Is there a way to get POV-Ray to render an image using "depth queing?" That
is, having the brightness of each pixel be (linearly) proportional to the
object's position on the Z-axis. I can't currently think of a way to do
thing...

(In case you're wondering... I wanna feed POV-Ray's output into a SIRDS
generator ;-)

Thanks.
Andrew.

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way to get POV-Ray to render an image using "depth queing?"
That
> is, having the brightness of each pixel be (linearly) proportional to the
> object's position on the Z-axis. I can't currently think of a way to do
> thing...

Here are two :
- use a black fog
- use a gradient texture (I have used this one to fake focal blur in
post-process)

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com