POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : arbitrary remapping Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:39 EDT (-0400)
  arbitrary remapping (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Anton Sherwood
Subject: arbitrary remapping
Date: 29 Sep 2003 23:14:04
Message: <3f78f4fc@news.povray.org>
I want to remap a texture (say something from stones.inc) so that what
you see is not a function of <x,y,z> but rather of <f(x,y,z), g(x,y,z),
h(x,y,z)>, i.e. some substitute for the actual coordinates which is
still a (nonlinear) function of those coordinates.  How hard is that to do?

If this is unclear, I'll try to rephrase.

(What I have in mind is to illustrate the various point symmetry groups
with seamless pigments that show the relevant symmetries.)

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/

Post a reply to this message