POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : arbitrary remapping : Re: arbitrary remapping Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: arbitrary remapping
From: Mike Williams
Date: 4 Oct 2003 01:05:34
Message: <eimr2HAYjkf$Ewcc@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Anton Sherwood who wrote:
>Mike Williams wrote:
> > . . . . If you really want to remap complex stone textures,
> > then you'd have to do the same to each of the pigment layers.
>
>I might instead redesign them as texture-maps.  ?

If you only remapped the texture-map then the overall shape of the
texture would move, but wouldn't fine detail from the individual
pigments stay in the same place. I'd guess it would be like moving the
coastlines around on a globe but having the cities (any that were still
above water) remain in the same locations.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure