POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : specular highlight bug? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  specular highlight bug? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: specular highlight bug?
Date: 28 May 2003 01:48:33
Message: <cjameshuff-664287.00495628052003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3ed1bff6$1@news.povray.org>, "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom>
wrote:

> > Um... specular highlights take their colour from the light source [and the
> > pigment colour if it's metallic]. They're not directly related to the
> > diffuse property.
>

> Unless you're specifying "metallic"

I believe that's what Tek meant by "and the pigment colour if it's
metallic". That's what it's supposed to do, and from looking at the
source code that's exactly what it does. More specifically, the specular
contribution of each layer uses the pigment of the same layer (the
variable Layer_Pigment_Colour in the source code). I'm not sure why
Matti thought it used diffuse...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

>Um... specular highlights take their colour from the light source [and the
>pigment colour if it's metallic]. They're not directly related to the diffuse
>property.

Pigment colour is diffuse reflectance in POV-Ray. Highlights colour should
be taken from specular reflectance which is reflection colour in POV-Ray.

Matti