POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Preferable OS for fastest rendering? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:33:10 EDT (-0400)
  Preferable OS for fastest rendering? (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: gk
Subject: Preferable OS for fastest rendering?
Date: 18 May 2003 12:51:53
Message: <3ec7ba29@news.povray.org>
Does anybody know, when using the same hardware
what operation system will offer fastest rendering time
for current version of POV, compiled with the best compiler
available?

E.g. for PC i32:
- DOS
- W98
- W2K
- WXP
- Unix * v*.*
- Linux * v*.*
- ...

(Assume that PC is powerful enough to run any of them
and their configuration is oriented to get the fastest result)

Is the difference significant(say, >10-20%)
Is it scene-dependent(fastest parsing vs fastest rendering)?

Gleb

Post a reply to this message