POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Photons Q Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:16 EDT (-0400)
  Photons Q (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tyler Eaves
Subject: Photons Q
Date: 30 Apr 2003 12:59:41
Message: <3eb000fd@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to simulate a projected image using photons and radiosity?

My basic scene setup is as follows:

C = Cylinder (Object (ideally) projected)
L = Lens (A curved peice of glass)
B = White box ('Screen')
P = Light Source

                                        PP
                                        PP

CC                                      BB
CC                    LL                BB
CC                    LL                BB
CC                    LL                BB

So far, no luck.

Scene source follows.

global_settings{
        photons{
                count 50000
                        autostop 0
                        jitter .4
        }
        radiosity{
        pretrace_start 0.08
                pretrace_end   0.04
                count 35

                nearest_count 5
                error_bound 1.8
                recursion_limit 3

                low_error_factor 0.5
                gray_threshold 0.0
                minimum_reuse 0.015
                brightness 1

                adc_bailout 0.01/2
        }
                max_trace_level 20

}
camera{
        location <10,10,-30>
        look_at <0,10,-10>
}

cylinder{<0,0,-40>,<0,20,-40>,3 pigment{rgb <0,1,0>}
photons{
        reflection on
}
}

light_source{<0,100,50>,1
photons{
        refraction on
        reflection on
}
}
box{<-50,0,-50>,<50,-1,50> pigment{rgb .2}
photons {collect on}
}
cylinder{

        <0,5,0>,<0,15,0>,5
        scale <1,1,.25>
texture{
                pigment{
                        rgbf <1,1,1,.97>
                }
        }
        interior{
                ior 1.2
        }

        translate <0,0,-10>
        photons{
                target
                refraction on
                reflection on
                collect off
        }
}
box{<10,0,10>,<-10,20,11> texture{pigment{rgb 1}} photons{collect on}}
CC                                      BB

Post a reply to this message