POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Is there a neater way of doing this? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Is there a neater way of doing this? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Is there a neater way of doing this?
Date: 20 Jan 2003 11:48:19
Message: <3e2c2853$1@news.povray.org>
Greetings, all.

I have a scene which requires rendering first using one set of .ini settings
and a particular camera outputting to a file (first.png). The scene then
requires running the file again using first.png as an image map, removing
one or two objects that were rendered in the first scene and adding others
and using totally different camera and .ini settings. (If you think
surrealist esp. Magritte, then you're on the right track).

So far I've been using this shell script to work it:

#!/bin/sh

povray firstrun.ini -d TestFile.pov

povray secondrun.ini TestFile.pov

#eof

where firstrun.ini defines an image size of 800x600 and
Output_File_Name=first.png, secondrun.ini defines an image size of 1024x768
and Output_File_Name is left as default TestFile.png. Further, TestFile.pov
tests for image_width and, using the normal structures, includes or ignores
the required objects. This works, but.....

... is there a neater way of doing this? i.e. not having to rely on the
shell script and also doing the whole thing as a single run.

John
--
Run Fast
Run Free