POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : defaults, wood and ramp_wave Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:38 EDT (-0400)
  defaults, wood and ramp_wave (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Alf Peake
Subject: defaults, wood and ramp_wave
Date: 6 Jun 2002 09:27:45
Message: <3cff6351@news.povray.org>
Hi

I've always used a default texture in a development scene. I also
prefer to use ramp_wave with wood. I don't understand why I have'nt
seen this problem before :(  Anyone tell me if I've got a script error
here please?

This occurs in Pov 3.0, 3.1 and 3.5 under Win98SE.

Alf

--%<--------

camera{ location <-3,3,-5> look_at 0 }
light_source {<-50, 50, -100> 1 }
// OK without this line:
#default{ pigment{ checker rgb <1,1,0>, rgb <1,0,1> } }

box{ -2, 2
   pigment{
      wood
      color_map{[0 red 1][1 rgb <0,1,1>]}
      ramp_wave  // Disable this line to clear the problem.
   }
}

Post a reply to this message