POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : RC5 and SSE2 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  RC5 and SSE2 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: George Pantazopoulos
Subject: RC5 and SSE2
Date: 19 May 2002 23:49:43
Message: <3ce87257$1@news.povray.org>
Has any P4 owner noticed speedups with POVRay 3.5 RC5 ? I noticed in the
changes log that they started to add optimizations, but it doesnt say much
else. I can't test this on my Athlon TBird :)

George Pantazopoulos

Post a reply to this message

George Pantazopoulos <the### [at] attbicom> wrote:
> Has any P4 owner noticed speedups with POVRay 3.5 RC5 ? I noticed in the
> changes log that they started to add optimizations, but it doesnt say much
> else. I can't test this on my Athlon TBird :)

  It is quite common that code that has been optimized for P4 also runs
faster in an Athlon than the unoptimized code, so some improvement should
probably be seen.