POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to duplicate objects along a path/curve or spline... (!?) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  How to duplicate objects along a path/curve or spline... (!?) (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From:  Light Beam
Subject: How to duplicate objects along a path/curve or spline... (!?)
Date: 22 Apr 2002 13:48:34
Message: <3cc44cf2$1@news.povray.org>
Can somobody know how to duplicate a number of 'n' objects along a path
(spline) ? And also made a mesh object that follow it... (like a road) !?

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune
Date: 22 Apr 2002 14:42:06
Message: <3cc4597e$1@news.povray.org>
_Light_Beam_ wrote:
> Can somobody know how to duplicate a number of 'n'
> objects along a path (spline) ? And also made a mesh
> object that follow it... (like a road) !?

I presume you are using POV-Ray 3.5.

You might find inspiration in this scene file included with POV-Ray 3.5:
scenes\animations\splinefollow\splinefollow.pov

It doesn't show how to make a mesh object follow a spline, but you might
get enough clues to figure something out... :)

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk