POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to duplicate objects along a path/curve or spline... (!?) : Re: How to duplicate objects along a path/curve or spline... (!?) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to duplicate objects along a path/curve or spline... (!?)
From: Christopher Johnson
Date: 16 May 2002 19:14:29
Message: <3ce43d55@news.povray.org>
How about using a sphere sweep to define the basic shape of the object.  Use
that sweep in a object pigment pattern.  Add turbulence to the resulting
pigment and then use evel_pigment to pickout points on the surface.  I have
a file that uses a similar technique, just have to find it if this is
something that would help.  It's vaguely similar to isosurfaces but I find
it a little more useful and faster to be able to visualize the object as a
pigment first.

Chris Johnson.