POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Duplicate an object (or CSG's) along a path/curve... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Duplicate an object (or CSG's) along a path/curve... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From:  Light Beam
Subject: Duplicate an object (or CSG's) along a path/curve...
Date: 22 Apr 2002 13:48:18
Message: <3cc44ce2@news.povray.org>
Can somobody know how to duplicate a number of 'n' objects along a path
(spline) ? And also made a mesh object that follow it... (like a road) !?

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Nikias
Subject: Re: Duplicate an object (or CSG's) along a path/curve...
Date: 22 Apr 2002 15:59:56
Message: <3CC46BA0.CA847463@gmx.de>
Just create a while-loop, which calls the spline at an interval
derived from the while-counter, and place the object there.

For a mesh, you'd have to either take two splines (one for
each edge of the road) or use one spline, but using the
position derived therefrom only as basis, so you'd actually
add a little amount for the right edge and subtract a little
for the left edge.

Hope this gives you a good impression of what I mean, I'm
in a hurry, but'll explain more in detail when you post a
specific question and when I have the time.

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

Date: 23 Apr 2002 04:13:01
Message: <qm5acukt6a5212u0rlcen8atom436bl700@4ax.com>
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:34:16 +0200, "_Light_Beam_" <fac### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Can somobody know how to duplicate a number of 'n' objects along a path
> (spline) ? And also made a mesh object that follow it... (like a road) !?

In POV 3.5 there is nice transforms.inc include file with Spline_Trans()
macro. It returns transformation so you can apply its result either to object
or vertex in mesh.

ABX