POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pov-ray units Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Pov-ray units (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From:  Light Beam
Subject: Pov-ray units
Date: 19 Mar 2002 16:16:28
Message: <3c97aaac@news.povray.org>
What is a pov-ray unit ? 1 milimeter ? 1 centimeter ?... I think that
question can help me to find the good scale for lightening, medias... Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Kari Kivisalo
Subject: Re: Pov-ray units
Date: 19 Mar 2002 16:42:40
Message: <3C97B131.8EE01503@LuxLab.com>
_Light_Beam_ wrote:

> What is a pov-ray unit ?

It is whatever you want it to be.

_____________
Kari Kivisalo

Post a reply to this message

From: Hugo
Date: 19 Mar 2002 18:16:49
Message: <3c97c6e1@news.povray.org>
Personally I use one unit = one centimeter, because the things I model are
easier to code with numbers of that scale. But whatever is best for you, the
important thing is to adjust the camera angle, so the result doesn't look
like a fish-eye (unless this is desired). My own trial-and-error made me
decide always to use "angle 48" in ordinary camera statements, as this seems
to fit my unit scale.

I also would advide you to write in all your scenes, that you want to share
with people, what scale you use, so we can adjust it to ours if necessary.
:o)

Regards,
Hugo

Post a reply to this message