POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : The Harcore Povrayer Test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  The Harcore Povrayer Test (Message 18 to 27 of 77)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: The Harcore Povrayer Test
Date: 31 Jan 2002 16:08:28
Message: <3C59B235.2B73FBC0@gmx.de>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Oh, sure, we tell you and then you tell someone else and pretty soon
> everyone has an extra hardcore point.
>
> It's because (at least in 3.1) All_Mesh_Intersections doesn't actually
> return all of the intersections; it just returns the closest one.

I only know one reason: There is no 'inside' and 'outside' in a mesh.
This is perfectly sufficient.  The problem with this questions is that you
can answer it on different levels, the logical and the programming level,
of course in the latter you can easily find several reasons.

> > * Your longest render was more than X days (X=5, 10, 20 or more)
>
> I rendered the sample scenes on my old Amiga when I started using POV;
> some of those took days to render.

The idea for this question is that a hardcore Pover devotes more
computational power to render jobs, whether the scene is complicated or
not is not the question IMO.

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>