POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : saving radiosity data Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  saving radiosity data (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Apache
Subject: saving radiosity data
Date: 29 Nov 2001 01:53:05
Message: <3c05db51@news.povray.org>
According to POV-Ray Help it is not a good idea to save and load radiosity
data with 'save_file' and 'load_file' if scene objects are moving. I'm
wondering if this includes the camera. Can I reuse the radiosity data after
only moving the camera position?

If so, I can safe lotsa time with animations only involving the camera
position.

Post a reply to this message

> According to POV-Ray Help it is not a good idea to save and load radiosity
> data with 'save_file' and 'load_file' if scene objects are moving. I'm
> wondering if this includes the camera. Can I reuse the radiosity data after
> only moving the camera position?
>
> If so, I can safe lotsa time with animations only involving the camera
> position.

No, that's not a good idea. In Povray radiosity data is only calculated
for the area visible so changing the camera view will lead to bad results
too.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>