POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to remove wood uniformity? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  How to remove wood uniformity? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Alf Peake
Subject: How to remove wood uniformity?
Date: 19 May 2001 05:59:59
Message: <3b06441f@news.povray.org>
A wood floor. All the planks use the same declared colour map. How do
I vary the apparent colour of each plank - lighter or darker? I've
tried adding a random component to diffuse and ambient, and also a
second texture layer. They both work but is there a better or easier
way?

--
Alf

http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/