POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Limited Fog?? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Limited Fog?? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: Limited Fog??
Date: 29 Apr 2001 14:25:06
Message: <3aec5c82@news.povray.org>
How can I limit fog to a certain area or volume without visibility of the
limiting shape?
e.g. I like to fill up one single pit with ground-fog without the infinite
fog area around that pit.

Thanks, Wulf

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Limited Fog??
Date: 29 Apr 2001 15:15:18
Message: <chrishuff-00D8F7.14124829042001@news.povray.org>

<wul### [at] compuservede> wrote:

> How can I limit fog to a certain area or volume without visibility of the
> limiting shape?
> e.g. I like to fill up one single pit with ground-fog without the infinite
> fog area around that pit.

You would be better off with scattering media for this. It is much more
flexible, and is usually used confined to a certain area.
However, you will probably want to use MegaPOV for its sampling methods
2 and 3, otherwise it will take a long time to render if you want smooth
results.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

> How can I limit fog to a certain area or volume without visibility of the
> limiting shape?
> e.g. I like to fill up one single pit with ground-fog without the infinite
> fog area around that pit.

Make a big solid shape and add the fade_distance and fade_power keywords (and
hollow if the camera is inside it, I think...).