POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Average of vectors? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Average of vectors? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: Average of vectors?
Date: 8 Jan 2001 13:27:03
Message: <3a5a0677@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
> Btw, the code I posted probably doesn't make what you want. Sorry.

Thanks anyway!

Maybe it'll be good enough if the vector lengths are linearly interpolated,
but not the rotations, and linearly interpolating the lengths isn't a
problem.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Post a reply to this message

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 8 Jan 2001 19:48:34
Message: <3A5A5F38.B896CE18@online.no>
Rune wrote:
> Well, let me just reveal that what I ultimately want to do is to take an
> average of multiple matrixes. Got any ideas?

"The Matrix and Quaternions FAQ" has an answer to this question:

"How do I use quaternions to perform linear interpolation
between matrices?"

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~andreas/math/matrfaq_latest.html#Q61

Regards,

Tor Olav