POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Annimation Freeze Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Annimation Freeze (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: David Vincent-Jones
Subject: Annimation Freeze
Date: 28 Nov 2000 18:40:53
Message: <3a244285@news.povray.org>
I am trying to run a fairly complex annimation series through 100 frames on
a P450 with 128 mb. memory, all under Win2k. There are about 2500 objects
located on a height_field and there is also a semi transparent plane.
When I set q=9, to include the transparent plane, the system freezes after
about 5 or 6 frames are rendered at 700 x 350 resolution. If I remove the
transparent plane and set q=5 I get the same problem after 30 frames.
What occurs is that the system just appears to grind to a halt and I loose
all control over POV Ray. The partially rendered image at that point is
locked in limbo and I need to totally reboot in order to clear the last
partial image.
Am I seing some sort of garbage collection problem ?
If I set the resolution down lower I can achieve more frames.
Is there a way to trace what is going on and should I expect this type of
problem considering the number of objects?
The problem occurs also under MegaPOV and I have already tried a full
reinstall of the software.

David

Post a reply to this message