POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Surface reflection modeling Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Surface reflection modeling (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Frank de Jong
Subject: Surface reflection modeling
Date: 15 Nov 2000 04:54:25
Message: <3A125EFF.2D347298@hotmail.com>
Hi,

I am interested in simulating surface reflectance from smooth dielectric
and
rough surfaces, using 'state-of-the-art' (non-Lambertian) surface
reflection
behaviour (Oren-Nayar, Wolff, He, Beckmann-Spizzichino, etc).

Can POV ray help me do this?
What kind of reflectance model(s) does POV use anyway?
Where do I add code?
Is POV able to generate scientific-grade output?
Is there FAQ or userlist for these kinds of applications?

TIA,

Frank

Post a reply to this message