POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : UVs and CSGs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  UVs and CSGs (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Ben Paschke
Subject: UVs and CSGs
Date: 30 Oct 2000 20:40:22
Message: <39FE2420.2CE38703@rsp.com.au>
Hello good people,

I have had a problem with a uv mapped primative sphere in csgs.
I hope this qualifies as an "advanced" problem! (or is it an unofficial
patches issue?)
there is an image in .binaries.images with the same subject name
illustrating the issue.
the source is in .binaries.scene-files.

premise:
the scene contains a declared sphere object, with a uv mapped checker
pattern and a separate declared object for the axis, red denoting the x
axis, green y , and blue z .

the top sphere is the sphere, rotated and translated, with the axis
rotated and translated separately. Fine, this is what i want and expect,
except that they remain as two separate objects.
The second sphere is a simple union of the sphere and axis objects and
then transformed together as a whole. You will see that the transforms
haven't quite carried thru to the uv checkers.
if it helps or answers afew q's straight away, the origin is right
between the two spheres.

What gives?

tia,
benp

p.s. has anyone had a go at Vahur Krouverk's POVman 0.61 yet? -Its
ace!(see source)

Post a reply to this message