POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : UVs and CSGs : Re: UVs and CSGs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UVs and CSGs
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 1 Nov 2000 20:57:56
Message: <3a00ca24@news.povray.org>
"Ben Paschke" <ben### [at] rspcomau> wrote...
> I actually just tested it with a mesh object with uv coords and it works
fine
> in a union, so i guess the problem only exists for the primative objects
> (well, the sphere at least..)

It should only affect the sphere and box.  Some weird stuff goes on when you
transform those objects, and the special cases weren't being handled quite
correctly.  There's also another bug with spheres, where if you apply some
standard transforms (translate, rotate, scale), then either a declared
transform or a matrix transform, and then apply another standard transform,
the UV mapping will get messed up.  I've fixed this now for POV 3.5.

-Nathan