POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : photons Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  photons (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: photons
Date: 17 Aug 2000 10:10:06
Message: <399bf23e@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <per### [at] aolcom?subject=pov-news:> wrote:
: I'm missing Fe. and Mar. here, I was looking for those related postings too.
: Warp was faking it with multiple cylinders if IIRC.

  FAKING!!! Who do you think I am? Those are TRUE photons. Period :)

  The image can be found here: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~warp/photontest.jpg

  And if you don't believe it's made with photons, here is the proof: The
source code:

#version Unofficial MegaPov 0.5;

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

#declare UsePhotons=yes;
global_settings
{
  max_trace_level 8
#if(UsePhotons)
  photons
  { count 20000
    autostop 0
    media 100
  }
#end
}

box
{ <-4,-3,-1.5>,<8,3,1.5> hollow
  pigment { rgbt 1 }
  photons { pass_through }
  interior
  { media
    { intervals 10
      scattering { 1, rgb .5 extinction .01 }
      method 3
    }
  }
}

sphere
{ 0,70 inverse
  pigment
  { bozo color_map { [0 rgb 0][1 rgb <1,.5,0>] }
    scale <5,10,5>
  }
}

camera
{ location -z*20 look_at 0 angle 35
}

light_source
{ <50,2,0> 1
  spotlight point_at y*2 radius .5 falloff .6
}
light_source
{ <100,100,-100>*.3 .8 media_interaction off
#if(UsePhotons)
  photons { reflection off refraction off }
#end
}

#declare MirrorBox=
union
{ difference
  { box { <-.5,-1.8,-1.8><.1,1.8,1.8> }
    box { <-.1,-1.5,-1.5><.11,1.5,1.5> }
    pigment { DMFWood4 }
  }
  box
  { <-.1,-1.5,-1.5><0,1.5,1.5>
    pigment { rgb 0 }
    finish { reflection 1 diffuse 0 ambient 0 }
#if(UsePhotons)
    photons
    { target
      refraction off