POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : heightfield render errors Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  heightfield render errors (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: D  Stewart
Subject: heightfield render errors
Date: 7 Jun 2000 02:20:48
Message: <393de9c0@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to run a 360 animation around a heightfield, but certain frames
keep freezing on me.  Only happens if Anti-Aliasing is used.  Anyone else
have this problem?  Any help?

Post a reply to this message

From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: heightfield render errors
Date: 7 Jun 2000 03:02:22
Message: <393DE5A7.C71FF807@peak.edu.ee>
"D. Stewart" wrote:

> I'm trying to run a 360 animation around a heightfield, but certain frames
> keep freezing on me.  Only happens if Anti-Aliasing is used.  Anyone else
> have this problem?  Any help?

Do you mean POV actually crashes, or does it abort the render with an error
message? If the former is true, what version of POV are you using, and what OS
(I'm guessing Win98)?

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee

povengine stops responding, and yes, it is a win98 system.  Doesn't seem to
crash when running single frames (same heightfield data and cam positions)

"Margus Ramst" <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in message
> "D. Stewart" wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to run a 360 animation around a heightfield, but certain
frames
> > keep freezing on me.  Only happens if Anti-Aliasing is used.  Anyone
else
> > have this problem?  Any help?
>
> Do you mean POV actually crashes, or does it abort the render with an
error
> message? If the former is true, what version of POV are you using, and
what OS
> (I'm guessing Win98)?
>
> --
> Margus Ramst
>
> Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
> TAG (Team Assistance Group) e-mail: mar### [at] tagpovrayorg

Post a reply to this message