POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : heightfield render errors : Re: heightfield render errors Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: heightfield render errors
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 9 Jun 2000 15:53:24
Message: <39414b34@news.povray.org>
1.3g ??? *g*

Now, I think I know the described problem ...
Something similar happend sometimes to me ...
Mostly I'm using moray, for contructing and then rendering ...

Also I often use the Mosaic preview, and so I can say:

When AA is on (mostly adaptive), and POV comes to the first line,
to render with AA it seems to hang...

I can see this because, the mosaic-preview fully displays the
image, down to a blocksize of 2 ... then it seems to compute a
"difficult" pixel, maybe because it has no AA-data for line -1
... I don't know how pov-AA works on the borders, but this is
what comes in my mind.
But I can stop POV, and restart it with other params, (often I
turn AA off) ... stop it, and restart with the old params.

This happend to me since the POV3.1, and even in MegaPOV0.4 ...
Maybe it will show up in 05 sometime to...

--

 ,',    Jan Walzer      \V/  http://wa.lzer.net     ,',
',','   student of      >|<  mailto:jan### [at] lzernet ',','