POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Re: Securing a POV File Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Securing a POV File (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: David Vincent-Jones
Subject: Re: Securing a POV File
Date: 6 Jun 2000 14:00:38
Message: <393d3c46@news.povray.org>
I want the user to be able to select his own path... Pre-rendered scenes
would also take up too much space.

POV render speed is not so critical. Display speed and refresh rate needs
are tied very much to the area being covered and the speed of assumed travel
within the scene. In my case the scene covers many miles and travel speed is
reasonably low.

David V-J

"Scott Hill" <sco### [at] geniecouk> wrote in message
> "David Vincent-Jones" <geo### [at] galaxynetcom> wrote in message
> > I am interested in publishing a program that would in turn call upon POV
> Ray
> > to render an output image.
> > The image, actually a series of images, would be something like a
building
> > 'walk-through'.
>
>     An extremely slow 'walk-through' ! POV-Ray will not render fast enough
> for a real-time walk-through.
>
>     Why not just pre-render the scenes and then 'play' them back in series
> to produce the walk-through ?
>
> --
> Scott Hill. (sco### [at] innocentcom)
> Software Engineer.
> Author of Pandora's Box (coming to a web page soon(ish)).

Post a reply to this message

> I want the user to be able to select his own path...
>
> POV render speed is not so critical. Display speed and refresh rate needs
> are tied very much to the area being covered and the speed of assumed
travel
> within the scene.

    Ok, I still think the rate of output you're going to get from POVRay is
far below your requirements.
    How complicated are the scenes you'll be exporting to POVRay ?
    What's the target hardware ?
    What's you're minimum required frame rate ?

--
Scott Hill. (sco### [at] innocentcom)
Software Engineer.
Author of Pandora's Box (coming to a web page soon(ish)).

*Everything in this post is IMO.*