POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spline length/constant speed along spline. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Spline length/constant speed along spline. (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Edward Coffey
Subject: Spline length/constant speed along spline.
Date: 18 May 2000 22:12:43
Message: <3924a31b@news.povray.org>
A while back there were a couple of posts about splines and how to measure
the length of bezier splines, find points at particular distances along
them, and move along them at constant speed without resorting to
approximation - was that problem solved?  How is it done for UV mapping in
MegaPOV, approximation?
I've found a related bit of calculus which shouldn't take too long to adapt
and convert to simple formula if no-one has done this yet.

Post a reply to this message