POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rendering Earths Atmosphere in POV-Ray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering Earths Atmosphere in POV-Ray (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ammar
Subject: Rendering Earths Atmosphere in POV-Ray
Date: 11 Apr 2000 07:51:00
Message: <38f311a4@news.povray.org>
Hello All

I am currently working on a project to render skies using physically
accurate or t least approximate colours and intensities. I have been advised
to use POV-Ray simply because it is a very good ray tracing program. My
knowledge of the language is very bad and I am struggling to use it.
I have gathered all the equations to implement my model, but I am completely
clueless as to how POV-Ray works. I would be very greatful if anyone could
provide with a skeleton program that would setup the scene for me. That is,
create the earth and sky spheres and postion the view on the surface of the
earth looking at the sky.

Then I can use that to change the colour of the sky based on equation I
have.

I would like to apologise for this, but my POV-Ray knowledge is very bad and
I am starting to panic !!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to reply to me on the email address listed below.

Thanks..

Ammar

a.a### [at] ueaacuk

Post a reply to this message