POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rendering Earths Atmosphere in POV-Ray : Re: Rendering Earths Atmosphere in POV-Ray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering Earths Atmosphere in POV-Ray
From: Andre
Date: 13 Apr 2000 18:28:29
Message: <38f64a0d@news.povray.org>
ok, this *might* help you:

create a plane.
that will be the ground

then add a constant fog the the scene (that will be the atmosphere)
make the distance something like 100,000
make it blue (or whatever)

create a ground fog
color it white
make the distance less the the other fog

this is by no means physically accurate, but it's how I do it.  If you need
more help post a reply or mail me at and### [at] usanet

Good luck
Andre

P.S. if you really need the spheres set up, I'll be glad to help you (I'll
just have to think about that for a while...)