POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface problem. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:29:50 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface problem. (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Simen Kvaal
Subject: Isosurface problem.
Date: 13 Feb 2000 16:54:51
Message: <38a7282b@news.povray.org>
Why does this work:

isosurface {
        function {
                (2*x^2+y^2+z^2-1)^3 - (0.1)*x^2*z^3-y^2*z^3

        }
        threshold 0
        accuracy 0.0001
        max_gradient 20
        max_trace 2
        contained_by { sphere { 0, 7 } }
        pigment {
                color Grey
        }
}

but not this:

#declare Heart =
    function {
                (2*x^2+y^2+z^2-1)^3 - (0.1)*x^2*z^3-y^2*z^3
    }

isosurface {
        function {
                Heart(x, y, z)

        }
        threshold 0
        accuracy 0.0001
        max_gradient 20
        max_trace 2
        contained_by { sphere { 0, 7 } }
        pigment {
                color Grey
        }
}

TIA

5k.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nieminen Juha
Subject: Re: Isosurface problem.
Date: 14 Feb 2000 04:05:29
Message: <38a7c559@news.povray.org>
I have asked this same question before. No-one seems to know.

From: Gilles Tran
Date: 14 Feb 2000 07:43:51
Message: <38A7F891.AA729837@inapg.inra.fr>
Simen Kvaal wrote:

> Why does this work:
> but not this:

Why it doesn't work I don't know, but adding "method 1" makes it work.
        threshold 0
        accuracy 0.0001
        max_gradient 20
        method 1