POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Square roots of negative numbers in isosurfaces? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:51 EDT (-0400)
  Square roots of negative numbers in isosurfaces? (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Square roots of negative numbers in isosurfaces?
Date: 10 Jan 2000 09:00:16
Message: <3879E51F.77B9A241@my-dejanews.com>
How "should" an isosurface respond when there is an undefined region of
space?

I just ran something like
        function{noise3d(x^0.5/constant , y/constant , z/constant}
.  The result is symmetric about the x-axis!

Is this an algorithm mistake?

Did pov just uncover a great secret of mathematics: all this fuss over
the square root of negative numbers was a tempest in a teapot??

Post a reply to this message