POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Square roots of negative numbers in isosurfaces? : Re: Square roots of negative numbers in isosurfaces? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Square roots of negative numbers in isosurfaces?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 11 Jan 2000 15:26:49
Message: <387B913E.9BBE68F1@my-dejanews.com>
Actually, I think that this is what povray does:

if I say,               noise3d (x^a                            ,  y,z)
it processes        noise3d (sign(x)*pow(abs(x),a),  y,z)

I will try to prove this tonight.
[I thought someone had asked what SHOULD it do--was that note deleted?]  If
povray processes the formula above as I described, there's no problem--it was
just a mystery to be solved . . .