POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Color of Caustic Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Color of Caustic (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Fabian Brau
Subject: Color of Caustic
Date: 20 Oct 1999 03:45:06
Message: <380D8167.D1C49EEC@umh.ac.be>
Hello,

someone can help me? Perhaps Nathan.

You can see below a small copy picture (because this group is not made
for picture) of the picture post on p.b.i. and called  "wine of glass".
But here the plane have a simple white pigment (no more wood image_map).
The image is only 160*120 no AA. One can see that there are no color in
the caustic! When there are no photons the shadow is really red. Now the
shadow is black: ok this is good! but the caustic are white. Why?

I used this settings:
1) in global settings

#declare phd=1;
  photons{
    gather 20, 100
    radius 0.1*phd, 2, 0.1*phd
    autostop 0
    jitter .4
    expand_thresholds 0.2, 40
  }

2) for the wine

photons {
    separation 0.02*phd
    reflection on
    refraction on
   }

3) for the glass

photons {
    separation 0.02*phd
    reflection on
    refraction on
    ignore_photons
   }

the wine is a simple absorbing media with absorbing color
<0.27,1,1>*2.5. If I change this value the caustic are still white.

Thanks

Fabian.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'verre_vin.jpg' (6 KB)

Preview of image 'verre_vin.jpg'
verre_vin.jpg

I am remembering: This is not because photon don't yet interact with media?

Thank light my thought.

Fabian.

Fabian Brau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> someone can help me? Perhaps Nathan.
>
> You can see below a small copy picture (because this group is not made
> for picture) of the picture post on p.b.i. and called  "wine of glass".
> But here the plane have a simple white pigment (no more wood image_map).
> The image is only 160*120 no AA. One can see that there are no color in
> the caustic! When there are no photons the shadow is really red. Now the
> shadow is black: ok this is good! but the caustic are white. Why?
>
> I used this settings:
> 1) in global settings
>
> #declare phd=1;
>   photons{
>     gather 20, 100
>     radius 0.1*phd, 2, 0.1*phd
>     autostop 0
>     jitter .4
>     expand_thresholds 0.2, 40
>   }
>
> 2) for the wine
>
> photons {
>     separation 0.02*phd
>     reflection on
>     refraction on
>    }
>
> 3) for the glass
>
> photons {
>     separation 0.02*phd
>     reflection on
>     refraction on
>     ignore_photons
>    }
>
> the wine is a simple absorbing media with absorbing color
> <0.27,1,1>*2.5. If I change this value the caustic are still white.
>
> Thanks
>
> Fabian.

>  [Image]

Post a reply to this message