POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : long render time Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  long render time (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: long render time
Date: 4 Sep 1999 17:18:39
Message: <37D18C57.1B64E5E4@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> >I was not wrong I simply did not offer all of the possible solutions that
> >you did :)
>
> Ever thought of becoming a lawyer? :)
>
> Peter Popov
> ICQ: 15002700

I'm much too nice a guy to become a lawyer :)

Shut up Ron !!

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:

From: Mike
Date: 4 Sep 1999 20:11:47
Message: <37D1B351.16CB196F@aol.com>
> Something tells me Mick might not be using 'media' at all but rather
> various textured planes instead (like the clouds, clouds, clouds post
> recently). If so then I'd suggest rendering those animal objects and
> HFs separately and combining later if you can via post-processing.

Well my point was that he should be using media.  It was designed for
that kind of thing.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> > Something tells me Mick might not be using 'media' at all but rather
> > various textured planes instead (like the clouds, clouds, clouds post
> > recently). If so then I'd suggest rendering those animal objects and
> > HFs separately and combining later if you can via post-processing.
>
> Well my point was that he should be using media.  It was designed for
> that kind of thing.
>
> -Mike

  As soon as you get your patch working I would be more than happy to
explore the possibilities of using media for applications such as these.
While it has been demonstrated that it can be done with the official
version of media the render times and parameter adjustments needed to
achieve the desired results are monstrous and difficult to achieve.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:

> As soon as you get your patch working I would be more than happy to
> explore the possibilities of using media for applications such as these.
> While it has been demonstrated that it can be done with the official
> version of media the render times and parameter adjustments needed to
> achieve the desired results are monstrous and difficult to achieve.

It just so happens that I'm free after this weekend and that patch is high on
my list of things to do.  As I recall there's a lot of modification I need to
make, but hopefully I can come up with something next week.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> > As soon as you get your patch working I would be more than happy to
> > explore the possibilities of using media for applications such as these.
> > While it has been demonstrated that it can be done with the official
> > version of media the render times and parameter adjustments needed to
> > achieve the desired results are monstrous and difficult to achieve.
>
> It just so happens that I'm free after this weekend and that patch is high on
> my list of things to do.  As I recall there's a lot of modification I need to
> make, but hopefully I can come up with something next week.
>
> -Mike

object { Smiley scale 1000 }

On Sat, 04 Sep 1999 14:17:11 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Peter Popov wrote:
>
>> >I was not wrong I simply did not offer all of the possible solutions that
>> >you did :)
>>
>> Ever thought of becoming a lawyer? :)
>>
>> Peter Popov
>> ICQ: 15002700
>
>I'm much too nice a guy to become a lawyer :)
>
>Shut up Ron !!

I didn't say anything.  For the record, I agree. :)