POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : long render time : Re: long render time Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: long render time
From: Ken
Date: 4 Sep 1999 20:17:06
Message: <37D1B627.DB8EAA40@pacbell.net>
Mike wrote:

> > Something tells me Mick might not be using 'media' at all but rather
> > various textured planes instead (like the clouds, clouds, clouds post
> > recently). If so then I'd suggest rendering those animal objects and
> > HFs separately and combining later if you can via post-processing.
>
> Well my point was that he should be using media.  It was designed for
> that kind of thing.
>
> -Mike

  As soon as you get your patch working I would be more than happy to
explore the possibilities of using media for applications such as these.
While it has been demonstrated that it can be done with the official
version of media the render times and parameter adjustments needed to
achieve the desired results are monstrous and difficult to achieve.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: