POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crossposting (was Re: I highly doubt that anything that I've written is "spam" ...) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Crossposting (was Re: I highly doubt that anything that I've written is "spam" ...) (Message 19 to 28 of 38)
From: Nieminen Juha
Subject: Re: Solaris 7 and ongoing support of Pov-Ray versions ...
Date: 3 Sep 1999 07:17:51
Message: <37cfae5f@news.povray.org>
Dennis Clarke <dcl### [at] interlogcom> wrote:
: There has not been an official release of POV-Ray for
: Sun Solaris in how long?  A year?  Two?  The current version for SunOS or UNIX on
the
: "Official" POV-Ray web site is so out of date that I am surprised that it is there
at all.

  Who cares anyways? I have the latest povray (ie. 3.1g) compiled for the
sparcstation (works fine in the Ultra-5 computers I have access to; besides
this sparcstation 4 I'm using right now, that is).
  Yes, I compiled it myself. No big deal. It was easy.

  Btw: Consider stopping posting multipart mime-coded articles to non-binaries
groups. Thanks.