POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Too many layers Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Too many layers (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Fabien Hénon
Subject: Too many layers
Date: 8 Oct 1999 18:34:07
Message: <37FE7508.7088CE99@club-internet.fr>
I have a question for the 'POV-oldies' :

For  a rendering, I need to place something like 70 semi-transparent (
with transmit 1,0) images on a surface.
POVWIN gets stuck at 30, Pov for Linux does better but still gets stops
at 50 and tells me :
'rendering error, too many layers'

Is there a limit set in the source limiting the number of layers ?

Does anyone know how I could avoid the problem ?

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

Sure, just put 10 textures each on a sphere per 7 or 8 spheres - make each
a bit larger or smaller than the last.  Remember to up your
max_trace_level.

H.E. Day

Post a reply to this message