POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : will povray work on linux? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  will povray work on linux? (Message 21 to 21 of 21)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: will povray work on linux?
Date: 30 Sep 1999 10:05:01
Message: <37f36e0d@news.povray.org>
> Well, yeah, but the EXT2FS driver I spoke of is an open source project,
not
> from micros~1.  Besides, if MS put FAT32 support in NT4.x, what reason
would
> you have left to "upgrade" to Windows2000?

W2K doesn't have to use FAT32 anyway, didn't ya know that?  :)

Well... if you were using 95/98 I could think of a hell of a lot of
reasons...

Non-fixed resources, dual (and more) processors, higher mem alloc-ing,
better networking priviledges, correct Multilink PPP...

NT4 has heaps of problems right now anyway, hopefully some of these will be
resolved in W2K.